PAVE is designed to assist ages 13 - 19 in preparing for education beyond High School. We focus on networking with various sources in and around our community to aid students in preparing for the SAT, School Applications, Scholarships, Financial Aid and life beyond High School.
PAVE activities include the following:
- Mentoring: Serve as a guide/coach with our youth to encourage them in setting educational goals and developing plans to obtain them.
- College Day: Provide an opportunity for our youth to visit colleges, universities and/or trade schools. The exposure will ensure a smoother transition.
- Library: Designate a location where our youth can find information pertinent to college, i.e. SAT study guides, college catalogs, scholarship information and applications to college summer intern programs.
- Workshops: Provide a forum to exchange information as our youth prepare for education beyond High School. Such workshops would include Essay Writing, Time and conflict Management, Team Building, Financial Aid and Life in College.
- Bertha Jordan Scholarship - 2 GCBC youth are selected though our Bertha Jordan Scholarship Essay Contest and are each awarded $250 scholarships.
- Gates Millenium Scholarship - 1,000 talented students are selected to receive a good-through-graduation scholarship to use at any college or university of their choice. They provide Gates Millennium Scholars with personal and professional development through leadership programs along with academic support throughout their college career.
- Ron Brown Scholarship - 10-20 students will be designated Ron Brown Scholars and will receive $10,000 annually for four years, for a total of $40,000. The recipients may use the renewable scholarships to attend an accredited four-year college or university of their choice within the United States.
- USA Funds Scholarship - The program will award scholarships of $1,500. The scholarships are non-renewable, but students may reapply each year they meet eligibility requirements. Students may receive no more than a total of $6,000 in scholarship awards.
- National Black MBA Association - The Dallas/Ft. Worth Chapter of the National Black MBA Association will distributing scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $1,500 to deserving applicants.
- Inroads - The mission of INROADS is to develop and place talented minority youth in business and industry and prepare them for corporate and community leadership. Our mission has changed thousands of lives worldwide � yours could be next.
- Bank of America Student Leaders - If you are a student with a passion for improving your community, we would like to help you turn that passion into action. We are looking for leaders who are high school juniors and seniors in the US and secondary students in sixth form college or college of further education in the UK.